What is Early Intervention at NW Center Kids?
Northwest Center uses a comprehensive approach involving the family and other caregivers in the child’s therapy, because everyone’s participation influences the child’s success. We provide therapy services wherever the child learns, plays and sleeps—including their home, their childcare center, Northwest Center’s inclusive programs or other community settings.
- We are committed to view a child holistically and connect with the child’s medical team, other community providers and extended family who are involved with your child’s care.
- We encourage families to participate in every session to continue the therapy afterward.
- We support parents and other caregivers in understanding and advocating for the needs of their child.
- We offer families a variety of resources; including literature, parent education classes, social opportunities and links with other families.
Who We Are
Our early intervention team supports families by detecting developmental delays early and developing meaningful goals with the family to facilitate their child’s needs. Our team includes Family Resources Coordinators, Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Special Educators and Nutritionists.
What We Provide
Early intervention services comprised of speech-language therapy, motor therapy, sensory processing interventions and special education for home, childcare and community. Additional teams include:
- Feeding support by our designated Washington State Community Feeding Team
- Intensive Services for children who require additional support
- Hanen ® training for parents of children with language delays and autism
- Staff trained in Promoting First Relationships ® infant mental health/ attachment
- Family Resources Coordination for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing programs
Cost to the Family
Early intervention is subsidized through Government funding. Northwest Center bills private insurance and Medicaid. Through our contract with private insurance, we are required to collect any co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance fees associated with the child’s insurance plan. It is the client’s responsibility to understand their insurance benefits and their responsibility to Northwest center. Financial aid is available for qualifying families to help cover the costs associated with insurance.